Annotation Operations - EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is seeking an experienced Operations Lead to join the AI/ML Annotation Operations team and oversee machine learning data set grading and curation. This is a multi-functional role working with production support, engineering, operations, QA, training etc. teams in enabling and tracking production progress, performing data analysis, root cause analysis, QA and production rollouts.
- 8+ years of industry experience passionate about delivering good quality data within project timelines.
- Experienced in leading and coordinating multi-functional activities between QA,
- Engineering, Business, Legal etc.
- Experienced in data quality issue tracking and resolution activities end to end (impact analysis, root cause analysis, data analysis etc.)
- High degree of adaptability, flexibility, creative decision-making, and technical problem- solving abilities.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience managing complex data analysis and large scale data evaluation projects is a plus.
- Consistent focus on training and improving existing processes
- Experience in working with ETL applications, data pipelines, and Big Data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.
You are a proven Operations Lead who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You will collaborate with the engineering teams and the data requestors to deploy scalable data pipelines in production. You will plan and track delivery timelines, provide technical expertise and leadership throughout a data request life cycle to ensure the final dataset meets the customer’s quality expectations. You will deliver monthly volume forecast & capacity planning and handle resource management including planning, hiring, and on boarding schedules. You will oversee all day-to-day operational responsibilities including workflow management, operations health review, track quality assurance status and training refreshers. You will engage with Spec/Process Engineers to resolve queries from the Operations team. You will engage with Customers to clarify quality requirements, discuss edge cases and receive early quality feedback for new annotation types. You will identify potential areas of tools and process improvements with impact analysis, scope clear requirements and work with the prototyping team to test these approaches before deploying them in production.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering, science or computer science or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.