Cellular Sys Architect - Wireless Platform Integration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join the Wireless Architecture team?
- You will have 10+ years of relevant experience
- We are counting on your expertise with cellular chipset architectures (such as details of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers and power management units), including aspects of system integration such as high-bandwidth host interfaces, platform operational modes, RF front-end control and power management
- We trust you will have deep understanding of cellular radio access standards (including but not limited to LTE, UMTS, GSM) and their implications on cellular chipset architectures and on the modes of operation of a chipset
- Understanding of performance modeling for cellular system-level use cases, particularly for power management architectures and optimization approaches
- Self-starter with strong analytical and communication skills
In this role you will be a key member acting as the Cellular Systems Architect in product development projects. You will develop & document the cellular product architecture. Analyze, model, and track cellular HW requirements & performance targets in product projects. Drive internal and external cross-functional teams to ensure consistency of chipset architecture with modem system requirements, such as RF performance, system control architecture, HW / SW interface architectures and longer term technology roadmaps. Drive internal and external cross-functional teams throughout the product development cycle on driving system level issues to resolution.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required; MS/PhD is preferred.