Cellular Systems Architect - Features & Capabilities
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to join our team?
- You will have 10+ years of wireless system engineering experience in physical layer modeling and design, e.g. physical layer procedures, algorithm development for layer 1 signal processing, link level systems modeling etc.
- Deep understanding of wireless radio standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS) and their implications on physical layer algorithms and procedures
- Proven background in physical layer systems engineering including requirements analysis, communication theory & signal processing algorithm definition/modeling
- You will have demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a cross functional organization
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
In this role you will be a key member acting as the cellular systems architect in product development projects. You will monitor and track 3GPP features evolution and derive product roadmap needs. Assess features competitiveness and analyze their impact on the product KPIs. Analyze modem system requirements (including but not limited to link level, physical layer procedures, application level performance) based on wireless standards and product requirements and set system performance targets for wireless subsystems. Drive and assess wireless feature roadmaps with respect to product and user experience impact. Prepare and drive project decisions related to cellular features and capabilities.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required; MS/PhD is preferred.