Program Manager, Apple Media Products
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for an Engineering Program Manager to join the Apple Media Products Program Management team. This role will focus on the digital supply pipeline that powers Apple’s original content initiatives. This EPM role will partner closely with a wide array of teams, including AppleTV+ post-production, video operations, and engineering to develop a roadmap to build out tools and infrastructure to help deliver original content. We’re looking for team members who have strong project management backgrounds, as well as experience with content production technologies.
- Experience managing projects in a fast paced, high profile environment
- Proven experience in leading a diverse group of teams and individuals across numerous business functions
- Are you an Out-of-the box thinker?
- Excellent written and verbal communication - able to cater communications based on audience
- Keen understanding of asset management systems related to TV show and movie production
- Do you have deep understanding of industry technical and descriptive metadata for production?
- Experience in global media distribution and compliance
- Understanding of complex digital supply chains as it relates to pre/physical/post production, marketing, design, legal, engineering workflows
- Familiarity with advanced media and video technologies
- Strong desire and skills for gathering and documenting requirements
We are looking for a seasoned program manager who has a real passion for the technical aspect of post-production and post house encoding operations. Exposure to tracking a complex set of bill of materials. Apple has a unique distribution platform and you will begin to understand the materials required to deliver across the various platforms - including but not limited to Apple TV+, Apple Channels, and the various places we ship the TV App. - You have a good understanding of Apple proprietary video technologies, such as iTunes video packages (ITMSP), Universal Media Catalog, Http Live Streaming, and a wide variety of image formats such as LSR. - You have industry audio and video fundamentals and help apply them to a fast pace and evolving content production pipeline. - Combined with technical understanding of industry post production, you will need strong software project management skills. You are able to communicate expectations clearly and keep all cross-functional partners in the loop without getting mired in politics. - Communication is key and strong documentation skills are needed to document and communicate plans, specifications, and plans of records. In order to achieve this, you will also need to be able to foster positive relationships across many different types of personalities.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Film, or equivalent experience