Product Designer, Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Maps HI team is looking for a Product Designer to create new products and extend existing products. You will be comfortable creating complex interactions based on a high-level concept, illustrating a large number of use cases and conditions, resolving dependencies, working with and pushing against technical constraints. You will create experiences for iOS, Mac, PC, Web, Watch and CarPlay.
- Creative and resourceful
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Adept at solving complex problems
- Proficient at extending existing design patterns across platforms
- Experience working with a variety of spatial datasets including street networks, land use, landcover and vegetation, business points of interest, buildings, transportation systems, hydrological networks, elevation/terrain, and imagery
- Demonstrated skill curating map content and improving the accuracy and effectiveness of information display
- Enjoys improving existing patterns and finding innovative solutions for new features and use cases
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- The position requires deliverables to be provided under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Strong Problem solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change are required
- Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- Design portfolio is a must
Responsibilities of this position include: Creating detailed interaction and pixel specs, preparing assets for use in a variety of platforms. Keynote presentations, maintaining up-to-date files and uniform naming conventions, ensuring design consistency across all assets and products. Close alignment with the Engineering team. Additional Requirements: Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator and other design software Knowledge of Apple products, specifically iOS and OS X Demonstrated proficiency in the formal elements of design including typography and layout Excellent communicator and team player Experience working across multiple projects at once Background or interest in prototyping Fluency with HTML and CSS highly desired Expertise with localization design and other visual arts such as texture work, photography and 3D work a plus
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in design
- A portfolio of work sample. Must be a TEAM player with excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation/teaching skills Open to creative feedback, and bringing creative solutions to the table Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals Self-motivated, creative and optimistic problem solver, solid time management