RAN1/RAN4 standards Engineer - Cellular
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our 5G standards team, you will leverage your physical layer system design expertise or your experience in standardization activities to contribute to leading edge wireless systems and algorithms that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll be part of a world class system engineering organization making technical contributions towards 4G and 5G specifications and providing support to modem system design. You will actively attend and participate in 3GPP (LTE and 5G-NR) meetings, conduct system simulations of PHY algorithms for a 5G multimode modem.
- In-depth knowledge on wireless communication system (OFDM/MIMO, etc.)
- A background in 3GPP standardization in RAN1 or RAN4 a significant plus.
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, coding theory, etc.)
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- You will participate to 3GPP standards meetings and steer/support system engineering organization to build state-of-the-art modems. - You will develop and run C/C++ simulations to help model the design and performance of PHY and MAC algorithms for a 5G multimode modem - You will be part of a team defining and doing research of next generation standards like 6G.
Education & Experience
MS with a minimum of 10 years experience or Ph.D. with 7 years experience.