Cellular Modem Systems Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? We are searching for a talented engineer with 5+/- years experience to join our exciting team of innovators. In this role, you will be a key member of the wireless architecture team working on modem systems architecture aspects for the L1/physical layer.
- 5+ years of wireless system engineering experience in physical layer modeling and design, e.g. physical layer procedures, algorithm development for layer 1 signal processing, link level systems modeling etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of wireless radio standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE,
- UMTS, 802.11ax, 802.11ad) and their implications on physical layer algorithms and procedures
- Demonstrated background in physical layer systems engineering including requirements
- analysis and algorithm modeling
- Strong skills in coding signal processing algorithms (preferably in C/C++, or other object
- oriented languages, Matlab, etc.)
- You will have demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and proficiency
- in leading technical initiatives across a cross functional organization
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system
- architecture and design documentation
• You will Analyze modem system requirements (including but not limited to link level, physical layer procedures, application level performance) based on wireless standards and product requirements and set system performance targets for wireless subsystems and drive the modem baseband architecture with other cross-functional teams • You will develop wireless signal processing/baseband algorithms and generate bit-true models for verification with the digital team • You will develop and document system performance models and drive cross functional system engineering tasks related to product performance optimization • You will drive and direct internal and external teams for consistent analysis, modeling, tracking and reporting of modem physical layer performance (such as link level and system level performance) • You will interface and collaborate with our cellular chipset vendors to ensure consistency of chipset architecture with modem system requirements, such as RF performance, system control architecture, HW /SW interface architectures and longer term technology roadmaps • You will create intellectual property • You will prepare and drive project decisions related to physical layer system architecture.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.