Telemetry Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay and Wallet SRE team is hiring a Telemetry Engineer to lead our telemetry collection and availability reporting initiatives. The SRE team is at the front line of the customer experience for Apple Pay, Apple Card, Apple Cash, and other Wallet features, such as transit and access. You’ll be joining a global team of full stack engineers with peers in the United States, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
- Experience supporting and operating large-scale, customer-facing production services
- Experience defining and implementing application and infrastructure metrics
- In-depth experience supporting *NIX and Java application stacks
- Experience implementing telemetry systems, such as Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc.
- Scripting and/or object oriented programming experience is a plus
- Oracle, Cassandra, and Redis experience is a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
The Telemetry Engineer will design and operate the Apple Pay core telemetry systems, responsible for metric collection, visualization, response, and reporting across the Apple Pay and Wallet ecosystems. This is a highly-technical, hands-on role that will have a direct impact on the daily reliability and stability of Apple Pay’s production environments. The successful candidate will have a knack for teasing out performance and reliability issues from complex systems, and will have a passion for making systems better.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience