Senior Development Manager - Retail Store Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of cross functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. We are looking for a top-notch Senior Development Manager for our front-end experience and platform that supports Apple's retail store applications. You will bring a deep understanding of and genuine passion for software development, best practices, customer focus, and you'll possess a high grade collaboration mindset. This role is critical in the evolution of Apple’s brand by working within the organization that is taking apple.com to the next phase of its evolution.
- 10 years of professional software development experience with 3-5 years managing back-end and front-end development teams working on consumer facing applications
- In-depth knowledge and experience designing and developing scalable front-end frameworks (React) and having solid experience with native iOS development
- Demonstrated background creating innovative solutions for dynamic web sites and/or native iOS applications.
- Planned and delivered scalable frameworks that interface with a variety of back-end services
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work well in a dynamic environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- A focus on quality with experience in test automation, collaboration with quality engineering teams, metrics, and analytics
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment, and operational issues
- In depth knowledge of software lifecycle development, continuous integration and deployment activities
- Experience with web application security and incorporating into the software development process
- Demonstrated collaboration with multiple technical teams for application integration, deployment, performance, monitoring and scalability activities and methods
- Demonstrated capabilities working under tight deadlines to solve critical issues and quickly assemble project plans with appropriate estimate assessments
- Strong interpersonal skills easily able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
- Ability to take the initiative to resolve issues and handle development risk
In addition to a strong technical background, you will possess strong interpersonal skills with a natural affinity for collaboration. The position requires excellence in communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with business partners from a wide range of backgrounds and management levels with varying levels of technical knowledge. It’s important for this person to be able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations. This role will focus on delivering while having the agility to adjust - and thrive - in a dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience