Technical Project Manager, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. The Technical Project Manager oversees multiple high-traffic, consumer-facing web platforms and projects simultaneously, needing to adjust priorities frequently, and regularly reporting the status on each project relative to scope, schedule, and resources. A key aspect of this role will be bridging the gap between non-technical business users who provide core requirements, and technical engineers/implementers, while clearly setting expectations and communicating status to both groups as well as global partners and executives. Do you possess a keen eye for detail and an investigatory perspective for identifying the root cause of technical issues? Are you proactive in solving problems, able to keep yourself and colleagues focused on the end-goal of creating amazing experiences for our customers? We're growing and encourage you to apply. We believe this role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your perspective and experience along with providing outstanding support for the team.
- 8+ years of Project Management experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in a complex enterprise environment. PMP and/or CSM is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies, especially Agile, with experience implementing various processes and the ability to adapt techniques to best fit circumstances.
- Analyze and document detailed functional requirements to create accurate technical level-of-effort estimates.
- Shown success as a key member of a matrixed, cross-functional team able to work equally well with people in technical and non-technical, creative positions.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, able to build long-lasting, trusting relationships within a diverse team.
- Fanatical about creating order from disorder, understanding the “right” level of process to apply to different projects.
- Deep technical background running highly technical projects. Hands-on technical experience in a previous role is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with systems administration, deployment of new hardware and software, and the issues associated with each.
- Familiarity with MacOS, multi-tiered web applications, Unix (and flavors), networking basics, and Java and modern front-end technology.
- Knowledge of databases (MySQL in particular), with experience writing simple SQL queries.
- Lead cross-functional teams, gather requirements, define project scope, and develop tactical, well documented project plans, business objectives, and schedules which support business needs. - Collaborate with IT infrastructure, network, and security teams to track details of tactical work. - Quickly learn new technical concepts and lead teams through assessment and documentation of goals, risks, dependencies, and timelines focusing on these concepts. - Document detailed project findings for technical evaluation. - Assign responsibility for tasks and decisions efficiently and effectively. - Keep global participants and partners accurately apprised of regular updates, status, and timelines. - Lead rollout, release, post-launch support, and issue triage during and beyond warranty period as necessary. - Deliver summary of post project metrics, areas of potential improvement, and apply findings to future efforts. - Be persistent in discovering and eliminating complexity and ambiguity to ensure clarity and establish goals and expectations for services requested. - Juggle multiple projects within a fast paced environment, and change priorities rapidly as required by the business.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field is a strong plus.