iOS Software Quality Test Lead - Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is looking for a technically experienced software QA test lead to support Maps app qualification. The validation of maps data poses unique challenges and requires both passion for solving testing problems and for quality solutions Our team designs and delivers forward-looking technologies and we are scouting for innovative and dynamic engineers to join us in our efforts to transform this space and push the limits of what is possible.
- Comfortable developing and executing software test plans and user studies.
- Highly organized problem solver with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience testing large technology stacks with many software and hardware components.
- Demonstrate ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product.
- Possess a deep understanding of software testing and QA methodologies.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – you'll be working cross-functionally across multiple teams and organizations.
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in shaping the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply integrated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews. You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly documented test plans. You should also be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a map experience that is the best of its kind.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Computer Science with 3 or more years of experience.
- While not necessary, knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- Python or any programming language
- Experience with macOS or iOS;