Core Audio System Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a Core Audio System Software engineer you’ll be designing and implementing system level audio code for all of Apple’s software platforms including iOS, watchOS and tvOS and services including Siri and Facetime. This is a very impactful role as your code will be shipped to over one billion active devices and you’d play a meaningful part in enabling next generation of Apple devices, wireless accessories, services, and AR/VR technologies.
- Excellent software design/programming skills in C++
- Understanding and implementation skills in object-oriented methodologies
- Understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts
- Deep understanding of operating systems concepts
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with audio hardware architectures is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
Core Audio team is looking for a software engineer with experience in audio systems implementation to enable the audio infrastructure of next generation of Apple's devices and accessories. These platforms have a considerable complexity and a rich feature set in the way that audio is routed through the system and integrates the various hardware pieces that are available. The position will involve developing and improving the software components that are responsible for both running the audio hardware and exposing audio features and capabilities upwards through the system.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS, EE, or related, understanding of digital audio is preferred.