Audio Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The IMG Audio team is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on Sr Audio Firmware Engineer. In this role, you will be directly responsible for the development of all aspects of audio firmware running on embedded hardware. You will work hand-in-hand with the IMG Audio team, innovating in small groups with high initiative. This position will make significant engineering contributions to industry-leading hardware products.
- We are looking for 4+ years experience developing embedded firmware.
- Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments. Experience with board bring up and digital hardware.
- Ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product.
- Solid C/C++ coding abilities. Some assembly experience is a plus.
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills.
- Ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Experience with RTOS embedded development and precautionary multithreaded programming.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and WiFi Technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with real-time audio (sample rates, buffering, I2S, PCM, PDM, drivers) is a plus
- Mac OSX and/or iOS programming experience is a plus.
As an Audio Firmware Engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product development: collaborate with marketing and multi-functional engineering teams to define product features and requirements; play a lead role in defining system architecture to implement new product and product features; design, implement, debug, and test embedded C/C++ code running on 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit MCU's for Apple-branded audio products; optimize code in order to fit within tight memory constraints; support electrical bring-up and debug of prototype hardware; work with internal teams and external contract manufacturers to bring products to mass production; collaborate with software teams to define communication protocols; and enable expansion of our product ecosystem features through creation of test tools.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience