Senior Software Engineer, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a strong, passionate & self-motivated software engineer to join them and drive analytic innovation across Apple Media Products (AMP). You will be part of the Analytics Architecture team that strives to achieve data excellence across AMP. You will partner and collaborate with other stakeholder teams within Apple to push your architectural innovations out. You are a strong team player that has a desire to learn and educate us to grow our expertise as a team.
- Strong understanding of distributed data processing ecosystem i.e. Hadoop, NoSql, indexing and stream processing technologies
- Strong understanding and experience with technologies like Spark, Kafka, Presto, Hive, Cassandra, Memcached, Redis, Container deployments, etc.
- Experience architecting and implementing analytics solutions to deliver end-user requirements
- A strong foundation in Computer Science including statistics and algorithms
- 7+ years of experience in Java. Python experience is a plus
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Passionate about technology and its applications with a desire to innovate
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- A desire to work in a dynamic and meaningful work environment
We are growing our Analytics Architecture team that has a mission of driving data excellence across Apple Media Products. The team helps modernize existing deployments and looks to push the boundaries of Analytic innovation. We are looking for strong software architects to join the team, that have a passion for technology, engineering and it’s real world applications. You would be self-motivated to (1) define the problems (2) design, plan & discuss solutions and (3) collaborate with partner teams to develop the solution and deliver end-user value. Attention to detail and a perseverance to deliver a high-quality, well tested and maintainable code is a must. You need to be highly dedicated and driven to achieve and exceed commitments. You should possess a strong passion to work in the area of high volume analytic processing in a growing energizing environment of innovation while exuding tight-knit teamwork skills. You will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. You should have a desire to learn and educate us to make us better, and grow our team’s expertise in the Analytics domain. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Education & Experience
BS in CS or equivalent experience. MS in CS preferred.