iOS App Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we want to make phenomenal products that empower people to improve their health. The Health Sensing Software team is seeking a talented iOS Engineering Manager to lead the Health Partnerships Applications team. Our fantastic team of engineers work with strategic business partners of Apple to build innovative health engagement platforms that drive better health outcomes for our customers. Come, join us in our dedication to leave the world better than we found it!
- At least 7+ years in software development, 3+ years in engineering management.
- Experience developing and deploying high quality applications for iOS/watchOS in the App Store.
- Experience delivering customer facing and business critical applications.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs and working with backend team on a full-stack solution.
- Experience driving end-to-end engineering architecture and design for front-end / app development as well as distributed back-end server.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Deep understanding of iOS Apple development tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, and Instruments) and iOS/watchOS SDK
- Ability to work well and respectfully with others by listening, communicating clearly, and actively sharing knowledge
- A track record of leading projects, mentoring peers, and collaborating with technical and business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate between different teams and partners, making the right trade-offs in taking care of complexity and conflicting priorities.
We’re looking for a strong engineering manager who can lead the development of iOS/watchOS Applications with Apple’s strategic business partners in the health space. In this role, you will (1) Lead and manage the Applications Development team (2) Drive end to end system engineering and architecture for cross-partnership programs (3) Collaborate with the health strategic initiatives team to translate innovative product requirements to engineering specs. This position requires an ambitious manager with strong technical and interpersonal skills. This role also requires occasional travel.