Software Engineering Manager - Information Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Austin (TX) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you can accomplish. We are seeking an experienced engineering manager with a background in large scale software development and delivery in hyperscale environments. This is a technical, hands-on leadership role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. In this role you will lead a world class team supporting state-of-the-art cybersecurity capabilities.
- 10+ years of industry experience, including 2+ years of management experience leading engineering teams
- Thrives in fast-paced environment and adopts a learning mindset; loves learning new technologies
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python, Go
- Passion for high-quality code, tests, CI/CD, documentation, and production services
- Track record of driving improvements in code quality, performance, etc.
- Experience successfully adapting and applying Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with cloud compute environments like OpenStack, AWS, and Azure
- Ability to work under pressure and handle difficult situations in a dynamic work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication: actively listens and communicates clearly and proactively, adapting content and style with their audience; e.g., junior engineers, senior staff, and partner teams
- Consistent track record of shipping high quality services and products
- Ability to nurture an environment that emphasizes collaboration, accountability, and excellence
Apple is seeking an extraordinary individual to lead a critical team supporting services that will underpin a large number of key security capabilities. This role will work closely with our engineering teams and with partner teams to ensure the successful design, development, and delivery of product objectives. The successful candidate will have superb leadership ability with polished interpersonal skills and a proven track record of world class product delivery.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, or related 7-10 years industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Validated ability to work in a team environment
- Highly motivated individual and a proactive learner
- Experience with creation of comprehensive technical reports