RF/mmW Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing mmW and cellular wireless design team? Our team is responsible for all aspects of mmWave and cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. As an RF/mmW test engineer, you will be at the center of the wireless system characterization effort within a team responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art wireless communication devices. You will play an important role in bringup and characterization of the RF and cellular SoC. You will build and execute test plans to meet project schedule and metric requirements, including coverage metrics.
- We would like you to have 5+ years of RF and mmW characterization experience in communication system on chips. We are open to multiple experience levels.
- Strong RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal generator, vector signal analyzer, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of RF, PLL, and general wireless systems measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, ACPR, linearity, EVM, phase noise, lock time, etc.).
- Experience in RF-System simulation environment (SystemVue, Matlab or Verilog-A).
- Solid skills in test and script development (Python, PERL, TCL).
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Bring up and test wireless SoC, Perform system integration, characterization and optimization. - Perform conducted and radiated RF measurements of devices and systems. - Work with design engineers to develop test plan, analyze test data and generate test reports. - Research and develop advanced calibration and measurement techniques. - Evaluate and specify test instruments. Develop and calibrate test fixtures and test setup. - Automate repetitive measurements using standard scripting languages.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required, MSEE/PhD in electrical engineering is a plus.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.