Full Stack Developer - Deployment and Infrastructure Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is front and center on hundreds of millions of devices, and the Maps Infrastructure team designs and builds the platforms that power them all. We’re looking for exceptional engineers that live at the intersection of development, operations, data, and systems engineering to build solutions for large-scale continuous data transformation and delivery, global data distribution and management, and environment and release management. We are looking for a full stack developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby or Go code
- Experience working with Kubernetes and orchestration platforms (such as TerraForm, Spinnaker, ArgoCD etc) to manage and automate containerized application deployments
- Integration of data storage solution such as PostgreSQL/MySQL and Redis
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Experience designing, building large-scale Ruby on Rails applications is a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
- Basic familiarity with networking systems, load balancers, and TCP/IP network constructs
Our job is to get fresh code, data, and features to users. Success means performance, reliability, visibility, repeatability, and customer happiness. Our customers are not only Apple Maps users, but internal developers, operations teams, and feature owners. That’s a wide scope and we have lofty goals, so our engineers must practice continuous improvement, and never say or think “that’s not my job.” And we do this in a friendly, human-centered way because we know that our profession is both a technical and cultural pursuit. Sounds fun? Get in touch!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here...
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.