Annotation Operations - Production Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
AI/ML Annotation Operations is seeking a highly motivated professional to manage complex annotation projects to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved. You will study data requirements for machine learning engineering teams (the Customer), drive the creation of required workflows, and monitor the operations lifecycle to ensure that project goals and milestones are met. You will be responsible for the 360 degree view of the project by observing operations, performing deep process analysis and feeding recommendations back to the platform engineering team for improvements to processes, tooling and data quality. You will lead a core team to build and run prototypes for process & tool designs, debug failures, propose solutions to both Engineering and the Customer, and iterate until an optimal process and tooling solution is ready for deployment.
- Experience leading multiple complex operational projects
- Excellent conceptual, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to establish relationships across channels and functions to drive success
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity, address uncertainty and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under high stress and multitask in an extremely dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Willing to work at a very detailed level while still being able to abstract ideas for communication to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Flexible, adaptable, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Some overseas travel will be required
This is a highly reciprocal position that requires working with the Customer, Engineering, Quality, Training and Production Operations to deliver premier solutions. And most of all, you are able to manage and lead change effectively while maintaining Apple culture and standards. Social and technical skills are essential for this role. Applicants should thrive in dynamic, high-pressure situations and welcome critical- thinking opportunities. Strong written communication skills are a requirement.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or above in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.