Data Engineer - Retail Business Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a dynamic environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so, Apple's Retail Business Intelligence team is seeking an expert Data Engineer to support marketing campaign automation and data analysis for Retail. In this role you will interface with both business and IT partners, using their passion to expose the operational value of data to drive value in both domains. This role requires you to architect easy-to-use data objects, create email campaigns, and build reporting assets that end users can utilize for data driven decisions. Are you ready to tackle on an exciting new challenge?
- 7+ years of data extraction and front end report building (PHP or similar)
- Proficient with data access/preparation methods using Teradata SQL and relational databases
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to handle directional changes and ability to support multiple deadline-specific projects while maintaining day-to-day business support
- Driven, Self-motivated individual who is experienced working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships
- Ability to establish and manage relationships in a cross-functional team environment
- Unix programming/scripting experience a plus
Define how data is structured, organized and interpreted for consistent executive reporting. Define and automate campaigns using tools like UNICA Develop and implement reporting for data quality, data capture rates and monitor data quality Partner with database developers to have designs for database objects implemented and validated Perform ad-hoc analytics to support incoming requests from business partners Engage with IT and project teams to ensure reporting requirements are covered Define, build and deploy impactful metrics Develop and implement web reports and analytical tools based on business requirements Provide consultation and training to users of analytical tools Additional responsibilities will include extracting, cleaning and manipulating data from multiple systems fo research & advanced analytics.
Education & Experience
BS required, advanced degree in Statistics and/or Computer Science a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.