Software Development Manager - Commute Alternatives Program
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Apple’s Commute Alternatives Program offers a suite of services designed to encourage people to commute differently. We are seeking a software development manager responsible for leading a software engineering team responsible for all the systems and services that makes our programs tick. The current array of platforms and services ranges from: websites, databases and mobile (iOS) applications, to deep third-party integrations and OnBoard vehicle GPS/WiFi hardware. We are looking for someone to help us expand these services to meet rapidly evolving transportation demands. Are you someone who is passionate about sustainable transportation? Do you have the desire to tackle cutting edge challenges in a rapidly evolving transportation industry?
- Develop, manage and mentor the Commute Alternatives software engineering team
- Lead overall systems architecture and develop technical roadmap
- Primary Commute team liaison with internal and external software stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering multi-year, full-stack projects on-time and on-budget
- Identify, validate and deploy third-party software in support of our program objectives
- Maintain all current system infrastructure and services
- Ongoing operation of on-board vehicle WiFi and tablet infrastructure
- Development of expanding on-board hardware requirements (i.e. digitally integrated signage, audible announcements, automated passenger counters, etc..)
- Familiarity and comfort developing to latest data privacy best-practices
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Self-directed, analytical, and collaborative
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and make things better
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of designers and other developers
- Git, bug tracking, testing, continuous integration, deployment
- Interest in alternative transportation
The Commute team objective is: Connecting Apple through seamless transportation. As the software development manager for this team, you will lead a team responsible for building and maintaining apps, websites, and databases that support this objective. All these resources help make alternative commute resources more accessible to employees. Our applications provide journey planning, real-time vehicle tracking, ride-hailing, system advisories, schedule browsing, bike-share, and more. These apps are supported by our own internal web services and tools that integrate with external systems. You will oversee the entire lifecycle of software projects, including planning, development, testing, and maintenance. Provide technical guidance and support accross the entire Commute team, including our operations, bike and customer service teams. All systems should be built for flexibility, accessibility and scalbility. Our team is global and experience leading localization efforts and broad deployments is a must.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.