Manager, Service Site Technical Management (AMR)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple is seeking a driven and creative technical manager to lead a team developing, implementing, and executing complex service processes. You will deliver a world-class customer experience, all while reducing Apple’s environmental impact. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 3 to 5 years in manufacturing, process, or quality engineering with 3+ years of management experience (engineering or operations) in high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing
- Experience working in a contract manufacturing environment as either the OEM or vendor
- Demonstrated success with new product manufacturing launches or new factory start-up
- Working knowledge of statistics, and experience using quality methodologies such as design of experiments, statistical process control, sampling strategies, FMEA, and GR&R
- Experience developing process quality plans, and driving failure analysis and closed loop corrective action systems
- Excellent communication skills, ranging from extemporaneous discussion to synthesis of detailed technical reports and distilling them to executive - level presentations
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Ability to travel up to 20%
The AMR Service Site Technical Management Manager will lead a team of Site Technical Managers to deliver and manage high quality, high volume screening and repair solutions at contract manufacturer and 3PL sites throughout the Americas. This team will also drive sustaining technical performance, quality management, and productivity/efficiency initiatives. Primary metrics include yield and process efficiency goals, as well as internal and external quality performance metrics. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for: - Managing the development and implementation of service screening and manufacturing processes at contract manufacturer and 3PL sites, including designing and executing development and qualification builds - Evaluating process plans, QPL, and factory/site layout proposals, then driving their implementation - Leading supplier failure analysis and driving development and implementation of containment and corrective action plans - Interpreting Incoming Quality Control (IQC), Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and field quality performance data to drive quality and efficiency improvements - Working with operations partners and supplier teams to drive yield, productivity, quality, and cost initiatives into repair and distribution centers - Developing and executing process control plans and audit plans to manage process compliance and quality - Supporting engineering, product design, and reliability investigations You will also provide VP-level updates on technical and quality performance as well as project status.
Education & Experience
BS degree or higher in engineering discipline (industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical preferred)