Senior Designer, Motion and Video, Media Products Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Apple Media Products (AMP) team is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps. Media Products Video Design team is responsible for concepting and production of motion graphics and video content, working closely with all of Apple’s product design and content teams to ensure the highest standards of development and execution of world-class video. We are looking for an extraordinary visual designer to join our team. In this role you will be focused on shaping and leading ideas through the video creative and execution process from concept to completion. You have a passion for storytelling, design, media and technology. This role requires collaborative leadership working cross-functional on a range of deliverables across multiple product, content, experiential and communication platforms while collaborating with and empowering in-house and 3rd party creative teams to deliver compelling original content. You will be responsible for developing and creating multi-faceted capture, original (long and short form), animated, and branded motion graphics content across Apple’s media services.
- Expert storyteller with a command of visual, communication and motion design principles, including composition, framing, alignment, lighting and timing.
- Understanding of what makes content— everything from motion graphics to live action— engaging and successful across channels and audiences
- Passionate about graphic design, brand identity, typography, photography, illustration and motion— keeping up with trends across all
- A conceptual thinker and problem solver who is wildly creative and also obsessively meticulous
- Proven mastery of Adobe Creative and ability to prototype visual design work in-situation to present concepts, brief creative partners, or for final delivery
- Experienced in 2D and 3D design + motion ideation, character design/development, compositing, tracking and special effects, live action storyboarding, shooting and post, and all related production workflows.
- Advanced understanding of and/or proficient in: Final Cut Pro, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya and a diverse range of motion design software, plug-ins, techniques and approaches.
- A keen awareness of visual trends associated with the entertainment, gaming & culture
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision as well as package and presenting creative solutions in an inspiring manner
- Clear and concise communicator displaying strong organization and collaboration skills
- Experience delivering end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies.
The position calls for you to be a self-starter who has demonstrated experience in managing multiple work streams, leading conceptual development from creative teams, developing creative both independently and alongside cross-functional teams, and executing against a wide variety of creative and strategic business briefs and marketing channels. You will work closely with the Video Team Creative Director, creative producers as well as cross functional producers to design, create and maintain Apple’s content across all in-product experiences. This role is based in Cupertino, CA.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Talent in delivering strong creative ideas across multiple media formats, 7+years relevant design experience; plus for time spent at top design/advertising firms, motion graphics houses or production companies. Fluency in Apple products services (App Store, Podcasts, iBooks, News etc). Love for the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity.