Test Manager, Operations Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the impressive growth of iOS and Mac business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. We are seeking an individual to lead the RF Operations Test Engineering team. You will be responsible for transferring mass production test coverage from development into production. You will work closely with multi-functional teams including engineering, GSM, CapEx in addition to working closely with our contract manufacturers. Given the importance of these product lines, this position has a high level of visibility in the Operations organization, with executive level communication necessary on a frequent basis.
- 12+ years experience in Test Engineering, Failure Analysis or related validation role with 5+of those years in people management.
- Consistent record of delivering large scale complex test projects from NPI to mass production, preferably in a consumer electronics environment.
- Establish strategic plans and objectives; make final decisions on administrative and operational matters and ensure effective achievement of objectives.
- Comprehensive understanding of high-volume manufacturing test processes and failure analysis.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 25-30% travel required
- Mandarin language skills is a plus
This opportunity encompasses the following: Leading and developing an Operations Test Engineering team that has responsibility to deploy high volume manufacturing test solutions for a number of concurrent projects. You will interface with engineering teams early in the development cycles to optimize the test solutions, and ensure a smooth deployment to our contract manufacturers. You will work with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of complex factory test systems, handle detailed requirements definition, review and approve test designs, and lead implementation. Work with production teams and vendors to scale and maintain factory test systems across multiple factories. Driving optimizations in the various test processes to ensure product quality and minimal cost.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical / Electronic Engineering background with an emphasis in either EM/Antenna, RF Analog Design, or Communications. MBA is a plus.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.