Audio Machine Learning Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The IMG Machine Listening team is looking for a highly motivated and hardworking research and development engineer to work on audio understanding and related machine learning and signal processing algorithms. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple’s innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG’s Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for hardworking engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing the user context understanding through audio and chipping in to future audio technologies.
- - 5+ years experience in signal processing and machine learning algorithm development.
- - Expertise in audio signal analysis, transforms and feature extraction.
- - Theoretical understanding of machine learning algorithms, practical knowledge of neural network architecture design and training/testing methodologies.
- - Hands on experience designing and implementing machine learning workflows.
- - Excellent software programming (C, C++, and scripting languages such as Python) and experience with machine learning tools (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch).
As part of the team, you will research and invent novel machine listening algorithms for sound classification, scene analysis and audio context understanding, as well as implement and optimize such algorithms to create state of the art software technologies with next-generation hardware, enabling the next generation of Apple products.
Education & Experience
PhD in CS or EE, Industry experience