3D Graphics Software Engineer - AR/VR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple's Technology Development Group is working to solve some of the most ambitious problems in AR and computer graphics. Do you have a desire to tackle some of the biggest open questions in CG as well as reach millions of people? Here you will have the chance to work with accomplished engineers, researchers and artists from across academia and entertainment to help craft ground breaking new products that open new avenues and build significant opportunities for the world Apple is looking for an ambitious software developer to assist with the development of some of Apple’s most advanced technologies. This position focuses on identifying, prototyping and communicating computer graphics related algorithms.
- 3-5 years experience in software development
- Strong communication, teamwork and cross-team collaboration skills
- Familiar with computer graphics fundamentals and rendering techniques
- Excellent programming skills with solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies and practices
- Understanding of modern game technologies
- Attention to detail and the ability to master new applications and technologies quickly
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond.
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working with other SW and HW engineers in a fast-paced forward-looking role. You will research and prototype new approaches and answer open questions in the field of advanced technologies including VR and AR. As a member of our team you will need to have excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills, be able to make forward progress despite ambiguous circumstances, be a self-starter and a quick learner of new technologies. Being part of our passionate team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape future products that will surprise and inspire millions of people.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Game Technology, Visualization Sciences, or a related field.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Swift, Xcode, Objective-C
- Solid knowledge of graphics APIs, like OpenGL, Metal
- Experience in VR, AR, Computer Vision or Machine Learning is a plus