Display Architecture Validation - Platform Architecture - San Diego
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a forward-thinking and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will work with display and SOC architects, and display technology teams to validate display pipeline architectures across all key display products.
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience.
- Deep knowledge of digital signal processing and its applications to image processing.
- Strong SW engineering and programming skills in C++ and scripting languages, such as Lua and Python.
- Experience with automating workflows.
- Experience with either software testing or hardware design verification.
- Deep understanding of image quality metrics, and experience performing objective and subjective image quality analysis.
As a member of the Display Platform Architecture team: - You will be responsible for the validation of different aspects of display architectures, with focus on image quality validation. - Develop test plans, test suites, and image quality validation tools and workflows. - You will need to understand image processing algorithms used in Apple’s Display pipelines and develop testing strategies to validate image quality and performance. - Use C/C++ bit-accurate models to validate specifications. - Develop procedures to automate validation and testing.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in signal processing/image processing preferred