Research Scientist/Engineer (Biomedical) - Exploratory Design Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day! You will work with an R&D team focused on developing a new generation of sensing technologies. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with collecting data using biomedical measurement systems and background and interest in signal processing, data analysis, and design of experiments, be comfortable learning to use new equipment and have the courage to fail, and be capable of working independently and collaboratively to implement scientific and engineering solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- You will have 3-5 years of hands-on experience developing and working with data from biomedical measurement systems.
- Deep experience with biomedical sensing instrumentation and data analysis.
- Experience with design, set up, and execution of experiments.
- Strong programming ability in Matlab and/or Python.
- NICE-TO-HAVE QUALIFICATIONS (ANY OF THE FOLLOWING):
- Background in signal/image processing and statistics.
- Experience with high precision and data centric software tool development for research applications (e.g. embedded software, databases).
- Experience with imaging systems and/or modeling of physiological measurements.
- Design and execute experiments to characterize and qualify biomedical measurement systems for integration into data collection workflow. - Optimize measurement methods using keen understanding of physical systems and statistical and signal processing methods. - Collaborate to develop custom scientific software to enable the high quality data collection required to meet research objectives. - Design and lead small internal studies (both bench and human subject) with a focus on high quality data collection. - Design, develop, and test analysis tools and algorithms that work on large datasets (hundreds of thousands of images or signals). - Characterize interaction between instrumentation and biological systems. - Distill and communicate results to the development team to guide design decisions.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Biomedical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 3-5 years of industry experience. BS in Biomedical/Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 5-8 years of industry experience.