Cellular Platform Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a wireless hardware engineering professional with strong leadership ability? As a Cellular Platform Hardware Engineering Program Manager, you will work on a Senior Project Management team, responsible for development cellular hardware and resolving technical issues that enable state of the art Apple products. This is an individual contributor role, coordinating all hardware development aspects for Apple Cellular modems (requirements definition, design/implementation, integration, etc.). Apple seeks a technical leader to program manage our cellular hardware development platform. You will be own communication and representation for the groups involved in developing cellular hardware. Technical background in board design, wireless, HW/SW integration will be key to your success in this role. You will also ideally have project management experience in some aspect of system board design, or FPGA boards development. Proven ability working in a dynamic engineering environment, advanced multi-tasking skills, and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 10+ years of experience working in complex wireless hardware systems..
- Experience in coordinating all cellular development hardware aspects (systems engineering, IC design, FW/SW, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of board level hardware development flow.
- Experience in developing FPGA hardware is a plus.
- Track record of hands-on Technical Program or Project Management or engineering hardware lead.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
• Coordinate development hardware requirements from multi-functional teams (product, modem, RF, power, SW/FW). • Track project schedule for all development phases to ensure HW development schedules are met. • Run development hardware builds, both locally and in China (travel required), craft and manage build matrix for hardware configurations, manage the factory teams to meet build objectives. Drive allocation requests and distribution of hardware with those multi-functional teams. • Support development hardware needs for product and IC design teams. • Work with operations team to drive material delivery for builds. • Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. • Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams. • Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to organizations at all levels. • Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline