Senior UX Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Hardware Engineering is seeking a product designer to work on internal software applications for iOS and the web. You are an adept problem solver, self starter, and excellent communicator with an eye for aesthetic taste and quality. You will be instrumental and influential, impacting the way critical data flows through the business.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, patience, and an eye for pixel perfection
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and demonstrable fluency with design tools including the ability to rapidly prototype designs
- Ability to organize complex software interactions into user stories and prototypes
- Can distill business process and software logic with varied touch-points into clear, concise user flows
- Works collaboratively with a distributed team of interface designers, software engineers, and quality engineers to conceive, develop and present design solutions
The core responsibility for this role is to distill highly complex business processes into clean, understandable solutions, working with members of the Tools Team as well as our cross-functional partners, program management, and executive sponsors to lead end-to-end internal software initiatives. This role will require a candidate to empathetically and persistently meet with users and stakeholders to gather requirements and validate design decisions, deliver design assets and user stories to engineering teams within tight deadlines, and communicate with QA on expectations of final solutions. Team collaboration and buy-in are critical to success — you must be able to galvanize a broad range of opinions around a shared and common goal as well as represent the Hardware Tools Team in presentations to stakeholders and leadership.
Education & Experience
Degree in design, visual arts, communication, creative, or equivalent experience Experience designing component-based web, mobile, or desktop applications Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles