Data Scientist, Apple Online Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Do you enjoy thinking analytically? Do you have a passion for finding the true insights hidden within complex data sets? As part of our Business Intelligence and Analytics group, you’ll help provide the planning required to make our groundbreaking processes possible. You’ll provide creative thinking across our manufacturing process, helping tackle complex business problems across multiple areas of operation. The decisions you’ll make will often have a ripple effect that may improve every part of Apple. Through critical reporting, ad hoc analytics, and advanced analytics/machine learning, you’ll help develop solutions that make a significant impact, both inside Apple and well beyond it. The online Apple Store is a leading eCommerce environment like no other — with a focus on satisfying customer experiences. As a Data Scientist, you thrive on using advanced statistics and Machine Learning algorithms that can point to both opportunities and friction in the customer’s purchase experience. You understand cross-functional alignment and pay attention to details. You have the communications skills to adapt your message to a wide range of audiences, including senior management, product management, marketing, finance, and partners across Apple.
- 3+ years experience in Data Science and/or Computer Science
- Self-motivated, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver clear and actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with large groups as with individual customers.
- You possess the ability to learn new technologies and to quickly grasp complex problems.
- Intense technology curiosity:
- Deep knowledge of statistics , ability to develop custom data models and algorithms.
- In-depth knowledge of data analytics technologies such as SQL, SAS, R, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of visualization tools especially Tableau, Excel
- Ability to automate manual jobs using PHP or shell-scripting technologies such as Python, PHP, Bash, VBA, etc
Act as a thought partner to the broader team by initiating opportunities for using data to drive business solutions. Mine and analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data from multiple data sources to drive optimization of Apple’s Digital footprint. Assess the appropriate machine learning algorithm(s) to solve a variety of complex questions. Craft compelling stories; make logical recommendations; drive informed actions. Share insights with a wide range of audience Explain complex Data Science, statistics and ML jargon in layman’s language to get alignment on findings.
Education & Experience
Education : BS in econometrics, computer science or other quantitative discipline