MSI- Frontend UI Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Location: Cupertino, CA Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry- leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As part of the MSI (Manufacturing Systems and Infrastructure) team you will envision data analytic solutions to be utilized across the company and all products. With the scale of all the manufacturing data captured across the products’ lifecycle: from the very beginning, to validate that units being built are fully tested and of high quality before leaving the factory, all of the way through to warranty support for customers.
- Proven track record with creating front end web development solutions for large scale data sets
- Extensive experience with React as front end framework, deep understanding of React.js, React-Native, Redux, Sagas, and ES6
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack and NPM
- Experience with CSS pre-processing frameworks (Sass, Less, Stylus)
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as Mocha, Jest, Chai, Enzyme
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3 and RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling (AJAX)
- Experience with code versioning tools and process
- Confident being hands-on from initial wireframes, through prototyping, into building the final product.
We are seeking a Frontend UI Software Engineer responsible for developing and designing new features using React.js/Redux and creating meaningful insights with data visualization tools such as Highchart, D3 or GraphQL. This developer should have a keen eye for detail, a superb aesthetic sense, and a deep appreciation for building the best user experience in data analytics. We are a small, close-knit team that uses a Human-Centered Design approach, combined with Agile Methodologies and one engineer concept, to get things done quickly and effectively. Do you possess the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions? In this role, you will help internal partners visualize and use large, complex data sets to drive impactful decisions across all of Apple's product lines. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO: - Build complex user interfaces from the ground up using the latest web technologies - Articulate business requirements and translate them into technical requirements - Develop new user-facing features using React.js/Redux - Collaborate with a diverse team of Designers, Developers, and Engineers - Communicate and present your work in a clear and simple manner - Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code YOU WILL ALSO BE: - A standout colleague who likes to collaborate and ask questions - A self-starter who loves to innovate - Someone with a passion for simplicity and superb communication skills - Flexible and able to identify areas for improvement (whether tools, practices, etc...) and take initiative to work toward a solution - Someone that can adapt quickly to change - A problem solver both independently and know when to engage team members to drive innovation
Education & Experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Human Machine Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.