GNSS Measurement Engine Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, defining modem architectures, driving physical-layer algorithm designs, and developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power wireless applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of embedded software development as well as a strong background in embedded wireless systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of GNSS measurement engine (ME) development experience: acquisition, tracking, impairment, AGNSS, coexistence, multipath and jamming mitigation.
- Strong background in embedded software development using C, C++ and assembly languages, familiarity with RTOS, ARM CPU and DSP.
- Experience in performing low-level drivers and HW bring-up, using test tools and interacting with HW and SoC design teams. Experience writing scripts in languages such as MATLAB, Python, Perl, or Tcl.
- Experience implementing diagnostics, manufacturing tests, and protocol compliance test software.
•Work closely with system/algorithm team in developing GNSS baseband digital signal processing algorithms and measurement engine (ME). •Work closely with product software team to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements. •Implement new product features as part of the development of baseband digital signal processing schemes, device drivers, and diagnostics. •Work closely with product test and protocol stack teams to resolve any issues arising as part of product and interoperability testing. •Provide support to SoC design team and assist internal SW/HW integration and initial chip and product bring-up efforts.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/EE or equivalent is preferred.