Embedded Firmware Engineer- HomeKit
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? Apple’s HomeKit Accessory Developer team works on software and firmware of Apple’s ecosystem device makers used to craft smart home devices that work with iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies and experience that span Apple hardware and software as well as impacting hardware devices made by Apple’s partners. Through your work you’ll not only influence the user experience of Apple’s devices but also the entire Apple smart home ecosystem. We are looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer for the Accessory Developer Kit Software Team. In this role, you will be an individual contributor developing embedded software solutions and frameworks used by Apple’s ecosystem partners in their smart home products. What you could do here? At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Low-level software development experience.
- You have fundamental knowledge of low-level firmware.
- Knowledge of system level runtimes and device driver development.
- Experience writing systems utilizing embedded RTOS
- Knowledge of home protocols, embedded silicon, and radio standards
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts.
- Validated C and C++ coding abilities.
- We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company
- Experience with digital hardware.
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of the home firmware and protocol design. From working with silicon teams to crafting specifications, creating software to run on current and future chips and boards and developing drivers for various IP blocks and protocols in embedded environments.
Education & Experience
A BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Ability to read schematics
- Experience with embedded systems bring up
- Knowledge of debugging systems at ARM assembly code level.
- Thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS and Objective-C is helpful.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality