Home Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Software Engineering Program Office is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to manage Home Engineering projects. Home enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people harmonize with the world around them.As a Software EPM, you will get a front row seat to deliver the best home experience to our users. You will need experience with software development fundamentals, proven leadership capabilities, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing engineering team to develop ground-breaking initiatives in home space. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products?
- 5+ combined experience in engineering and project management
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience project managing complex, cross functional projects
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities
- Exhibit a deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- Solid understanding of software development and release processes
- Working knowledge and understanding of Wireless technologies a big plus!
- macOS and/or iOS experience
- Experience in developing and releasing a consumer product
Responsible for feature definition to planning to delivery, own all aspects program execution. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and effectively. Drive cross functional teams and decision-making process. Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status both at engineering and executive levels. Dive into new technology areas and ramp up fast.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent