Battery Supplier Materials Development Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering skills to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? Be at the center of the action on new battery product development for Apple's groundbreaking products! Apple seeks an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) within Apple's HW Technology organization who will be responsible for development of battery solutions for a wide range of Apple products. We are looking for a high-energy EPM to support technically significant projects where you are expected to bring to bear your engineering background to enable multi-functional teams to deliver complex solutions. You will understand the who, what and how of battery materials development, orchestrate a research development plan and schedule, then successfully lead execution of that plan. You will also have a consistent track record of enabling highly technical multi-functional teams delivering new, unique materials deftly and with high quality, with ability to bridge gaps between different engineering teams and deep understanding of both engineering and science. The Battery Supplier Materials Development EPM leads a multi-functional team of battery, electrical, software and hardware engineers, utilizing a strong technical background to identify, assess and communicate project risks and issues. You will facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. In addition, you will drive day-to-day program achievements to meet program objectives.
- 10+ years of industry experience (preferable Battery or other Materials Development) of taking technologies from concept definition to mass production.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience in materials development, electrochemistry, and R&D.
- Technical Degree in Materials Science and Engineering required, experience in embedded battery materials is an advantage.
- Knowledge of new battery materials highly desired.
- Understand and facilitate battery policy decisions.
- Adept working in a dynamic, multi-functional environment. Engaged and eager to learn.
- Excellent communication, social and leadership skills as well as the ability to filter and distill significant information for the right audience.
- Experienced in setting up project plans, anticipate potential roadblocks and react dedicatedly to mitigate against risks or impacts.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and lead complex design trade-offs.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity. Highly adept in multi-tasking of both short-term and long-term activities.
- Strongly prefer fluency in Chinese and/or Japanese.
- International travel of 50% required.
• Develop project plans, lead, track and report progress to plan and drive solutions to address any/all identified gaps. • Identify and prioritize project tasks and risks, drive engineering discussions and decisions on critical system parameters. • Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. • Interface and provide mentorship for Apple’s vendors. • Identify and engage multi-functional partners for project definition decisions. • Communicate status and big picture to the project team and executive management.
Education & Experience
MS in Materials Science and Engineering required.