Sensor Module Design Engineer (EE)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The Sensor Technology team develops cutting-edge sensor solutions and technologies that are central to Apple’s products. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best user-experience through state-of- the-art sensor solutions, such as the high-precision, low-latency multi-touch and stylus sensors in the our products. New challenges arise daily that require the sharp problem-solving skills of hardworking and driven individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that furthers engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong electrical engineering background in analog and mixed-signal design, especially board-level circuits.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Sensor design and integration, e.g. touch panel design. - Schematic design of boards and flexible assemblies. - ASIC application design, system-level bring-up, and integration. - Sensor subsystem modeling (e.g. in MATLAB) and prototyping (e.g. PCB design). - Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving. - Design analysis, characterization, and validation. - Sensor technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigations. - Business travel to support product development. CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Mechanical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Process Engineering, to deliver state-of-the-art Touch solutions. - Author executive communications pertaining to key development checkpoints. - Contribute technical assessments to strategic decision-making relating to technology and investments.
Education & Experience
M.S. in Electrical Engineering or industry experience equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.