Panel Optical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Panel Optical Engineer to lead the development of new display technologies that will be used in award-winning Apple products. This individual will serve and a key point to enable innovative concepts and architectures for better display optical and OLED device performance.
- Hands-on experience and proven track of record in design, development, prototyping and technical investigation of display technologies. Experience of working on joint development projects between customer and supplier is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of OLED/LCD display technology and related optical performance trade-offs, including optical design, display contrast, viewing angle performance, color management, visual performance and artifacts, and related characterization metrics.
- Hands-on experience in conducting OLED panel optical and electrical measurements.
- On record experience with OLED device level optical/electrical studies and optimizations.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and passionate about advancing the technology and making great products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proactive attitude and team-working spirit.
- Investigate advanced display technologies. Analyze the trade-offs between design, process, optical performance, and implementation feasibility. - Work closely with suppliers to ensure OLED device and optics performance can meet the panel specs. - Conduct in-depth failure analysis to identify critical parameters and propose solution. - Work with cross-functional team on the display architecture, prototyping and system integration. Solve critical issues.
Education & Experience
Normally requires Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Optics, Material Science or EE, plus a minimum 3 years experience