Media Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team and help develop the media engine for our products and services. In this role, you will be responsible for crafting and implementing APIs in the media playback, editing, streaming and export areas. You will meet the challenge of improving the performance and software quality for our cross-platform media frameworks. And you will work closely with the software application teams to deliver captivating features that will be enjoyed by millions of users around the world.
- 5+ years experience working as part of a software development team
- Development experience on Linux and/or Windows platform
- Strong programming skills in C/C++;
- Excellent skills in software development and debugging in a highly concurrent environment
- Object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience in media container formats, streaming protocols (HLS/DASH), video playback/recording engines
- Excellent communication and reciprocal skills
- Familiarity with DirectX/DXVA is plus
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, HomePod, AppleTV, Apple Watch, iPad, Macs as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut to Music, TV and iWork. IMG takes the media experience to the next level on the iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS platforms with technologies such as AVFoundation, CoreMedia, CoreAudio,CoreAnimation, and Metal. The AVFoundation team within IMG is responsible for implementing software services around linear audiovisual media. This includes local media playback, video-on-demand and live streaming of multimedia content. Our media engine is used across Apple products such as the Safari, Photos, Music, TV apps on iOS and macOS. Additionally, hundreds of thousands of 3rd party applications utilize the AVFoundation framework to bring time-based visual media services to millions of customers on Apple's platforms.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE OR EQUIVALENT
- Desired Experience: Experience in designing and maintaining an API for multiple clients is desired Experience in cross-platform S/W development is a plus Experience using the CoreFoundation, AVFoundation or VideoToolbox framework is a plus Experience in video processing (e.g. color conversion/correction, filtering) is a plus You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions You have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude