Media Frameworks Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, HomePod, AppleTV, Apple Watch, iPad, Macs as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut to Music, TV and iWork. IMG takes the media experience to the next level on the iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS platforms with technologies such as AVFoundation, CoreMedia, CoreAudio,CoreAnimation, and Metal. The AVFoundation team within IMG is responsible for implementing software services around linear audiovisual media. This includes local media playback, video-on-demand and live streaming of multimedia content. Our media engine is used across Apple products such as the Safari, Photos, Music, TV apps on iOS and macOS. Additionally, hundreds of thousands of 3rd party applications utilize the AVFoundation framework to bring time-based visual media services to millions of customers on Apple's platforms.
- Strong object oriented programming skills in either C++, Objective-C, or Swift
- Experience in using or developing media software libraries, especially for mobile platforms
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles
- Track record of shipping products
- Expertise in debugging problems in a highly concurrent environm
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking software engineer to join our team and help design and implement APIs in the media playback, editing, and export areas. You will work closely with expert team members in crafting APIs that fit with the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch programming models. And you will meet the challenge of improving the performance and software quality of our cross-platform media framework.
Education & Experience
MS CS/CE or equivalent (5+ years of industry experience)
- Proficiency with Cocoa and Cocoa Touch framework usage is a plus.
- Experience using AVFoundation or VideoToolbox framework is a plus.
- Experience in developing and maintaining an API for multiple clients is highly desired.
- Familiarity with inner workings of media systems or audio/video codecs is preferred.