Metrics/Performance Data Engineer - Media Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Music/TV team is looking for a motivated developer with an interest in adding metrics and performance tracking features to our applications to gain insight to how customers use our applications and to help us to ship fast, performant technology.
- C++ or Objective-C programming experience
- Knowledge of macOS and/or Windows operating system
- Experience with Cocoa is a plus
- Experience with Splunk is a plus
- Experience with memory and/or performance analysis tools on Mac or Windows is a plus
- Be a self starter who is able to work independently and take initiative
- Be comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
- Be detail oriented and excited about pushing the boundaries of new technology
In this role you will be responsible for enhancing our existing metrics implementation to report the popularity of various application features. You will run periodic queries to report usage data to management and add product features that improve our metrics reporting system. You will add metrics enhancements to profile key performances areas in our media applications so that we may quickly detect and remedy regressions through the development cycle. The successful candidate will develop the code and run the queries that give management and the development team insightful data to improve media products used by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience