Software Developer - Media Apps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming world class products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Music/TV team is looking for a motivated developer to add critical features in several areas our applications. These features include adding metrics to gain insight to how customers use our applications, performance tracking and enhancement, and working with a team to add automated testing features to our applications to help us to ship reliable feature sets.
- C++ or Objective-C programming experience
- Knowledge of macOS and/or Windows operating system
- Experience with Cocoa is a plus
- Experience with Splunk is a plus
- Experience with memory and/or performance analysis tools on Mac or Windows is a plus
- Be a self starter who is able to work independently and take initiative
- Be comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
- Be detail oriented and excited about pushing the boundaries of new technology
In this role you will be responsible for enhancing our existing metrics implementation to report on the popularity of various application features. You will run periodic queries to report usage data to upper management to steer product direction. You will add performance metrics to profile key features in our media applications and potentially fix the issues found. You will be part of an Engineering Operations team that is developing new automated test technology and potentially helping to develop tests. The successful candidate will have a history of challenging themselves to achieve ambitious goals, bring enthusiasm to learn tasks and new technologies that might intimidate others and work with a highly-motivated team to improve media products used by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience