HID User Studies Operations Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you interested in contributing to the user experience delight of Apple's products? Apple is looking for a User Studies Operations Engineer to lead, execute, and monitor human-centered studies that will inform the research, verification, and validation of various sensor technologies.
- The candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with operations or project management responsibilities (or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge of engineering development lifecycle and ability to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
- Design high throughput study methods given partner's data needs
- Ability to define and run study processes to improve productivity without sacrificing quality requirements
- Ability to write technical documents including study instructions, operating procedures and training documents for study moderators
- Effectively collaborate, communicate and influence multi-functional teams
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, very organized and shown sense of urgency
- Ability to lead multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic, changing environment with minimal supervision
The User Study Operations Engineer will work closely with product development teams in Human Interface Devices and Video Engineering. Role responsibilities: - Manage and communicate study definition and progress towards study goals with study partners. - Coordinate with hardware, software, algorithm, and project management teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and data quality - Engage with protocol designers to define study requirements and to optimize data collection at scale while promoting an excellent user study experience - Establish relationships with researchers and handle confidential information with discretion - Author documents (plans, manuals) that integrate multi-functional study requirements, screeners, consent forms, and any additional materials required for data collection - Monitor the planning, kick-off, ongoing logistics, and upgrading of study protocol and materials, with an eye to quickly identifying and resolving critical obstacles - Train study personnel on data collection modalities and standard methodologies
Education & Experience
Degrees in Mechanical, Industrial, and/or Operation Management Engineering, or in social sciences or human research-related discipline is required. Experience in project management/operations or relevant experience required.
- Passionate about user experience and innovative technologies.