HID User Studies Operations Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you interested in contributing to the delightful user experience of Apple products? We are looking for a User Studies Operations Engineer to lead, execute, and monitor human-centered studies, delivering high-quality data at scale through rigorous risk mitigation and exception event management.
- The candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experienced in operations, readiness or project management (or equivalent)
- Meets and exceeds goals through careful planning, risk mitigation, and exception event handling
- Reduces risk by uncovering hidden problems and driving meaningful mitigation strategies
- Works well under pressure in the face of unexpected events and is energized by challenges
- Is a nimble problem solver, driving time-sensitive strategic changes based on a mixture of analysis, experience and collaboration with domain experts
- Knowledge of engineering development lifecycle and ability to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
The User Study Operations Engineer will work closely with product development teams in Human Interface Devices and Video Engineering. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: - Optimize high-throughput study methods, maximizing volume while also protecting data quality and yield - Collaborate with multi-functional teams including Algorithm, Hardware, Software, Project Management, Legal, Procurement, Global Security, and Logistics to define and deliver necessary study elements - Build risk mitigation strategies for any scenario that may jeopardize the quality, volume, timeline or budget of the study - Coordinate response plans for unexpected events and obstacles, minimizing impact to study deliverables - Develop and lead study budgets - Write technical documents including study instructions, operating procedures and training documents for research moderators - Handle confidential information and devices with discretion - Lead multiple projects and priorities in a multifaceted, changing environment with minimal supervision - Drive process improvements across the organization to continuously improve the way we work
Education & Experience
Degrees in Mechanical, Industrial, and/or Operation Management Engineering, or in social sciences or human research-related discipline is required. Experience in project management/operations or relevant experience required.