WiFi Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing and Connectivity Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! We create and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. Our team works on Apple eco-system of devices that delivers best quality of wireless connectivity.
- Understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Thorough understanding of 802.11 MAC
- Tools experience - iPerf, Ixia, Wireshark
- Debug and analysis of issues by examining different layers of the protocol stack
- Understand impact of interference on WiFi and BT performance
- Knowledge of various 802.11 power save protocol schemes
Responsible for performance benchmarking, characterization of new connectivity features and improving WiFi system performance on Apple platforms. Measure & analyze both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth system performance for various coexistence driven scenarios. Ability to build lab setups that simulate different system conditions. Ability to work on scripts and tools that aid in analysis.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required Masters or Ph.D degree is preferred
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Improve system performance to provide good end user experience.