Kernel Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core OS Storage Systems group is looking for a talented kernel software engineer to join the File Systems team. You will be working with other teams in Storage Systems and cross-functionally to enable new platform features and improve the user and developer experience.
- * Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- * Experience with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
- * Strong understanding of operating systems internals
- * Experience with kernel development; specific experience with the BSD kernel is a plus
- * Strong understanding of file system principles; specific experience with file system development is a plus
- * Familiarity with principles related to operating system security
- * Experience with live- and post-mortem kernel debugging
- * Ability to quickly understand and modify existing codebases
- * Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies
- * Familiarity with Apple products and technologies is a plus
- * Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- * Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
In this role, you will be working to continuously improve the Virtual File System and other parts of the XNU kernel that interact with file systems and storage. Because the VFS serves as a nexus, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally up and down the software stack, enabling new hardware and software platform features as well as improving the performance and security of the system.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.