Manager, US Business Planning & Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Are you a strong and practical problem-solver with experience managing a sales operations/programs driven organization? Apple is seeking a Manager of Business Planning & Intelligence to support the US Sales organization. In this role you will be responsible for optimizing sales output and productivity across a multi-billion dollar business by supporting sales planning, sales analytics, coverage model and supply/allocation decisions, incentives, and key programs.
- You have 8+ years of business planning, operations, strategy and/or sales management experience.
- You have shown strength managing complex cross-functional initiatives.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You see around corners and look beyond just today. You have an understanding of the competitive landscape, industry trends, and external pressures that may impact customer buying decisions. You understand how financials work to drive investment decisions within a company. You see the world through the eyes of the customer.
- You unlock the potential of every relationship. You do this by getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of experts at Apple. You have the ability to connect with and influence the right people, at all levels and functions in the company.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to build and motivate a team. You build an environment that is collaborative and one that empowers team members to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you step up to the plate and mobilize the right resources to ensure all problems are resolved.
On behalf of the US business, the Business Planning & Intelligence leader will work directly with geo leadership on the following: Sales Planning: - We own perspective on key trends impacting end markets (industry structure, competitive behavior, consumer behavior, ecosystem economics, etc.) - We define implications of current and potential trends/events, and action plans; translate data and insights into action plans that drive impact - We partner with sales leaders to define long-term, annual, and quarterly sales priorities and opportunities - We lead business planning and business performance reviews (e.g., QBRs, strategy sessions) - We partner with our corporate market intelligence and research team to analyze and shape an emerging category of shopper and consumer behavior research Sales performance analytics: - We run quarterly/weekly dashboards for field and sales leadership; highlight implications and suggest actions for remediation/ improvement - We deliver overall and disaggregated analyses of sales performance (e.g., attainment, growth, growth vs. market/ sub-market, share changes) - We lead business planning and business performance reviews (e.g., QBRs, strategy sessions) Coverage models and resource allocation: - We define and implement reseller and account segmentations - We evaluate and optimize coverage models (AEs, SEs, ISO) - account assignments, territory management, etc. - We assess organizational and resource level options; generate ideas for growth and specify their net economic impact
Education & Experience
You have a bachelors degree; masters degree preferred. You have experience managing a team, and leading a business solutions-orientated organization that balances delivering on short-term goals, while crafting sustainable value for new customers, and demand for the future.