System Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core OS Storage Systems group is looking for a talented software engineer to join the File Systems team. You will be working with other teams in Storage Systems and cross-functionally to enable new platform features and improve the user and developer experience.
- * Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- * Experience with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
- * Strong understanding of operating system concepts and layering
- * Strong understanding of file system principles
- * Experience with network client-server programming using the BSD Sockets API
- * Experience programming in the Linux / BSD / POSIX environment
- * Basic familiarity with the interface between kernel and user-space in a Unix system
- * Experience with API design
- * Ability to quickly understand and modify existing codebases
- * Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies
- * Familiarity with Apple products and technologies is a plus
- * Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- * Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
You will be working on a variety of client-server applications and support frameworks that contribute to the user experience of Apple products by providing tighter integration of applications and system components with the file system.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.