SAN Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core OS Storage Systems group is looking for a talented SAN file system software engineer to join the File Systems team. You will be working with other teams in Storage Systems and cross-functionally to enable high-performance workflows in support of professional content creation tools such as Final Cut Pro.
- * Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- * Experience with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
- * Strong understanding of operating systems internals
- * Experience with kernel development; specific experience with the BSD kernel is a plus
- * Strong understanding of file system principles; specific experience with file system development is a plus
- * Experience with networked storage (e.g. NFS, SMB); specific experience with SAN file systems is a plus
- * Strong understanding of client-server network protocols
- * Experience with high-availability / fail-over protocols and algorithms is a plus
- * Experience with live- and post-mortem kernel debugging
- * Experience with performance analysis and tuning of high-throughput and latency-sensitive systems
- * Ability to quickly understand and modify existing codebases
- * Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies
- * Familiarity with Apple products and technologies is a plus
- * Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- * Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
You will be working to support and improve the Xsan file system, a high-performance cluster SAN file system. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic file system team as well as cross-functionally with our Apple Pro Apps partners to ensure the best performance and experience for video post-production and other Pro workflows.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.