Cloud DevOps Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are establishing a centralized team to enable 3rd party cloud access and adoption. You will partner with developers, system and site reliability engineers and adopters to understand their challenges, work through their issues and provide solutions that can be adopted widely. The ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale complex software solutions deployed on 3rd party cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP).
- Experience in supporting developers of a cloud-based SaaS or IoT product
- Cloud management experience with AWS (required).
- Automation of Java software builds
- Deployment and configuration of services such as ECS / Docker, Aurora MySQL Server, Kafka, and ECS / Spark
- Automating software builds and deployments using CloudFormation and other similar technologies
- Understanding of network management of both cloud (AWS VPC) and physical networks including subnetting, routing, ACLs, and VPN
- Working knowledge and experience in developing and supporting infrastructure security and auditing
- Monitoring using Cloud Watch, DataDog, or similar service
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will work with development teams to construct a DevOps pipeline for developers, QA and Ops teams. This position will provide DevOps and Cloud Support primarily for AWS. Your focus will be to enable teams whilst evaluating common approaches and driving towards a standard platform approach where possible. - Collaborate with developers to automate build and deploy leveraging a combination of Apple internal tools, AWS ECS, and/or others - Collaborate with QA to automate testing using Robot, Docker, Cucumber, etc. - Ensure high availability and disaster recovery in place - Continually improve DevOps tools, processes and procedures - Own incidents/issues, provide response to incidents and alerts - Collaborate with Application teams and guide their DevOps initiatives - Represent Cloud DevOps in architectural design with other teams - Mentor other team members in methods and practices - Uptime of critical tools in production and development environments - Cost reductions on a per-customer and per-developer basis
Education & Experience
BS CS or equivalent, Advanced Degree preferred