Siri - Backend Software Engineer, News
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about playing a part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices? We certainly are. Come be a part of the highly innovative team ingesting data in realtime and index them. We are highly data and metrics driven team, where you can work not only on data ingesting pipeline, but also on building metrics, extract interesting insights to define products, and apply Machine Learning in realtime to the ingested data. We are all about smart data and big data platforms. Come join the Siri Search team at Apple.
- You have 3+ years working with large datasets
- You have experience working with Hadoop and distributed systems
- You've worked with SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have 3+ years of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux
- You have 2+ years of coding in Java and Python programming language
- Experience in information retrieval systems and machine learning is a plus
- Experience coding in Go programming language is a huge plus
Apple's Internet Software & Services organization is seeking a Software Engineer who will play a central role in the delivery of Search & Big Data based Internet services. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with extensive experience in developing high performance services on Linux/Unix platform. Architect and build Internet scale server software Develop systems to process multi-petabyte datasets Rapidly build prototypes and turn prototypes into production services Develop systems to quantify and improve performance and quality of services Work closely with operations and project management teams Work independently or partner with small teams on significant infrastructure projects
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.